Renovating Your Home
Do you love your existing home, but feel like it could use an upgrade? Renovators can help to make those plans come true, no matter the size of the renovation.
Starting a Renovation Project▼
When you start a home renovation project, it is important to plan ahead so the project’s timelines and budget stay within your control. A professional renovator will work with you to review expectations upfront, so you can rest assured that your home renovation will be completed with minimal disruption to your daily life.
Professional renovators will also be able to provide expert advice and designs, insurance and worker’s compensation, as well as the proper liens, permits, and warranties. These benefits are a great reason to choose a renovator who is a member of the GDHBA and RenoMark™ certified.
Renovators in Guelph▼
Why RenoMark™? ▼
RenoMark™ is the Renovators’ Mark of Excellence in Canada, established to identify professional contractors who have agreed to abide by a renovation-specific code of conduct. The Renomark™ program is endorsed by the Canadian Home Builders’ Association (CHBA) and the Ontario Home Builders’ Association (OHBA).
The RenoMark™ Code of Conduct
RenoMark™ members have agreed to abide to the following renovation-specific Code of Conduct:
- Be a member in good standing of the local Canadian Home Builders’ Association.
- Abide by the Association’s Code of Ethics.
- Provide a detailed, written contract (including scope of work) for all jobs.
- Offer a minimum two year warranty on all work (excludes minor home repair).
- Carry a minimum of $2 million liability insurance.
- Have coverage for workplace safety and employers’ liability and/or work only with subcontractors who carry such coverage.
- Carry applicable licenses and permits.
- Have access to information, education, training, and professional development through membership in the Association.
- Maintain a safe and organized worksite.
- Return phone calls within two business days
General Contractors ▼
Some renovations require the services of a general contractor. General contractors are ideal for large-scale home renovations, as they are skilled at organizing all of the details of the project.
Instead of hiring individual contractors for each area of the renovation, hiring a general contractor allows you to leave the renovation in their capable hands. They will be able to identify the tradespeople required for the job, the building permits needed, and the building materials required to complete the project.
Specialty Contractors ▼
Occasionally, certain areas of our homes need an upgrade! Kitchens and bathrooms are a popular choice for homeowners to renovate, because they are rooms that are used frequently. If you’re planning on selling your home, renovating these spaces can add value to your property.
Specialty contractors are skilled in renovating specific areas of your home. They are knowledgeable about everything that is required for a proper bathroom or kitchen renovation, from the plumbing and electrical to the design and materials. Many specialty contractors can help you design your dream space and select the features you want incorporated to turn your dream into reality.