Are you considering a membership in the Guelph & District Home Builders’ Association (GDHBA)?
Becoming a Member ▼
Becoming a member of your local home builders’ association is a great way to demonstrate to consumers and other businesses that you are committed to professionalism, accountable for your work, and trusted in your community. Our members receive a host of benefits including:
- Complimentary membership in both the Ontario Home Builders’ Association (OHBA) and the Canadian Home Builders’ Association (CHBA).
- Networking opportunities with other GDHBA members on a regular basis, through our annual events and monthly meetings.
- Training and education through local seminars and workshops.
- Membership profile on the GDHBA, OHBA, and CHBA website directories.
- Access to CHBA & OHBA publications, industry research, and committees for advocacy work at a provincial and federal level.
- Regular meetings with the City Building Department and other builders.
- Discounts through our membership affiliation plan with Bell Mobility, Mainway Insurance, Esso Imperial Oil, and Staples.
Why Join the GDHBA? ▼
The GDHBA is the voice for the residential construction industry in the Guelph and Wellington County area. We represent members from a wide range of businesses, including home builders, renovators, trade contractors, product suppliers, service professionals, realtors, financial specialists, and more.
Becoming a GDHBA members can help your business succeed in a number of different ways, from training that helps you stay current with industry trends to networking opportunities to collaboration with other members at the local, provincial, or federal levels.
Membership with GDHBA is three tiered – when you join at the local level, you automatically become a member at the Provincial Association (OHBA) and the National Association (CHBA). All three levels work together to ensure your voice is heard.
Membership Benefits ▼
Training & Education
Membership in the GDHBA provides access to a number of educational resources, including training seminars and workshops, events where you can learn from industry-leading experts, and industry publications from the OHBA and the CHBA. Our members are provided with access to everything they need to grow as professionals.
When you join the GDHBA, you also gain membership in both the OHBA and the CHBA, which allows your business’s interests to be represented at the local, provincial, and federal levels. Gain access to powerful decision makers, take an active role in shaping our organization’s advocacy work, or collaborate with other members on future projects.
As a GDHBA member, you can attend a variety of GDHBA events throughout the year to network with other local business, earn referrals, and gain recognition for your work in the community. Our main events throughout the year include:
- Monthly Dinner Meetings with informative guest speakers and an opportunity to showcase your products to our members.
- President’s Ball & Awards of Distinction Gala, which recognizes the achievements of local builders, trades, and service companies in the Guelph community.
- Annual Business Luncheon, which features a high-profile guest speaker.
- Annual Golf Tournament with great opportunities for networking and raising brand awareness through sponsorships.
Member Testimonials ▼
“After 20+ years of membership in the Guelph and District Home Builders’ Association in my previous career, I’m excited to be renew my involvement with the organization. The long-lasting relationships with both builders and other suppliers has proven invaluable throughout my career. I look forward to many more years of involvement in a great industry.”
—Michael Bennett, Royal LePage
“GDHBA is about building community. At Stantec, our core values centre around community as being designers where we live, work, and play. As long-standing members of GDHBA, we are at the table having conversations to not only better serve our clients, but also enhance community-building relationships with the city.”
—John Vleeming, Stantec Consulting Ltd.
“There is no easier and more effective way to meet others in the local industry. The relationships we have formed and continue to build are invaluable.”
—Rebecca Londer, Hy-Mark Mechanical