Code of Ethics
These responsibilities are freely and solemnly assumed as they form part of an obligation as a Member of the Guelph & District Home Builders’ Association.
- Members shall comply with the Ontario Building Code as a minimum standard for construction and shall work toward its improvement in the interest of structural sufficiency, safety, and health.
- Members shall plan sites and homes to conform to the principles of good community planning and support for the environment.
- Members shall deal justly with their employees, subcontractors, and suppliers of all goods and services.
- Members shall exchange information and experience, and encourage research on materials, technical advancements and building techniques in order to provide the best value to their customers.
- Members shall avoid all conduct or practice detrimental to the house building industry, to the Association, to the good name or reputation of any of its members or its customers.
- Members shall commit to continuing learning through human resource policies and practices, including employment practices which treat employees as assets.
- Members shall actively promote health and safety principles.
- Members shall treat their competitors, including their property and ideas, with respect